Consultative Procedures for Associate Provost for Student Services
CONSULTATIVE PROCEDURES FOR ASSOCIATE PROVOST
FOR STUDENT SERVICES
ACADEMIC SENATE POLICY F80-67
The Search Committee will represent the campus in the consultative process for the selection of Associate Provost for Student Services.
A. Committee Responsibilities
1. It is the position of the Academic Senate that no person shall be appointed who has been recommended by the Search Committee.
2. The Search Committee shall seek full consensus of the recommendation of the final slate to the President. However, no name which has not received at least a 2/3 majority by the Search Committee shall appear on the final slate.
3. The Committee will inform the faculty periodically on its progress and will submit a final report on the consequences of its efforts.
4. The Committee will operate under the Universitys Affirmative Action Policy.
5. On campus and off campus applicants for the position will be given equal consideration by the Search Committee throughout the screening and interviewing process.
B. Committee Compositions
1. 2 students selected by the Associated Students
2. 1 member of the Student Services faculty elected by that faculty
3. 1 faculty at-large elected by the Academic Senate*
4. 3 members appointed by the President, including 1 staff member from Student Services
C. Selection of Committee Members
1. People who anticipate being candidates for the position may not serve on the committee.
2. If any person selected for the Committee becomes a candidate, he/she must resign from the Committee.
3. If the member of the Committee who was elected through the Academic Senate process resigns from the Committee, the person having received the highest number of votes after the elected member shall replace her or him.
**APPROVED BY PRESIDENT ROMBERG, DECEMBER 5, 1980**