Amplified Sound Policy for Outdoor Campus Events
AMPLIFIED SOUND POLICY FOR OUTDOOR CAMPUS EVENTS
Academic Senate Policy #F91-173
At its meeting of December 10, 1991, the Academic Senate approved the following revised policy on amplified sound:
- Amplified events at the Free Speech Platform are scheduled through the Student Activities Office to take place Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Amplified events outside the Free Speech Platform are scheduled through the Student Activities Office to take place Monday through Friday between 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. only. These events will utilize the campus wireless microphone.
- Waivers for special events may be given occasionally by the Student Activities Office in consultation with the Dean of Students and Vice President of Student Affairs for different amplification equipment.
- Amplified sound will be maintained at a level which will not interfere with academic activities. In the event that this policy is violated, complaints will be directed to the Student Activities Office which is charged with administering the policy. It will be the responsibility of this office both to make the necessary interventions to insure prompt compliance with the policy and to keep records of complaints that can be used as data for periodic review of the policy.
- Music must be played acoustically unless scheduled for amplification through the Student Activities Office.
- This policy shall become operative upon the completion of the free speech platform, including an acoustic shell.
- This policy shall be reviewed by the Academic Senate within one (1) semester of implementation of the free speech platform.
NOT TO BE CONSIDERED POLICY UNTIL APPROVED BY THE PRESIDENT