Proposed Plenary Agenda, December 5, 2017
ACADEMIC SENATE MEETING
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
SEVEN HILLS CONFERENCE CENTER
NOB HILL ROOM
2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
OPEN FLOOR PERIOD: 2:00 - 2:10 p.m.
The Open Floor Period provides an informal opportunity for campus community members to raise questions or make comments directed to Senate officers or to university administrators. Please arrive promptly at 2:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER: 2:10 p.m.
1. Approval of the Agenda for December 5, 2017
2. Approval of the Minutes for November 14, 2017
3. Announcements from the Floor
4.2. Standing Committees
4.2.1. Strategic Issues Committee
4.2.2. Academic Policies Committee
4.2.3. Curriculum Review and Approval Committee
4.2.4. Faculty Affairs Committee
4.2.5. Student Affairs Committee
5. Laura Lisy-Wagner, Secretary of the Senate – Committee on Committees Report
6. Report from Norma Salcedo, AB 540 Dream Coordinator (time approximate 2:45)
7. Report from Nish Malik, CIO and AVP of Information Technology Services (time approximate 3 p.m.)
8. Report from Brian Beatty, AVP of Academic Technology (time approximate 3:30 p.m.)
9. Recommendation from the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee: Proposed Minor in Comic Studies (second reading)
10. Recommendation from the Faculty Affairs Committee: Proposed Changes to the Retention, Tenure and Promotion Policy (second reading) - #F16-241
11. Recommendation from the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee: Proposed Changes to the MS in Interdisciplinary Marine and Estuarine Sciences (first reading)
12. Recommendation from the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee: Proposed Minor in Computing Applications (first reading)
13. Recommendation from the Faculty Affairs Committee: Proposed Changes to the Hiring Policy for Tenure-Track Faculty (first reading) - #S03-158
14. Recommendation from the Student Affairs Committee: Proposed Student Health Advisory Committee Policy (first reading)
15. Adjournment – no later than 5:00 p.m.