Proposed Plenary Agenda, October 31, 2017
ACADEMIC SENATE MEETING
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
SEVEN HILLS CONFERENCE CENTER
NOB HILL ROOM
2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
OPEN FLOOR PERIOD: 2:00 - 2:10 p.m.
The Open Floor Period provides an informal opportunity for campus community members to raise questions or make comments directed to Senate officers or to university administrators. Please arrive promptly at 2:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER: 2:10 p.m.
1. Approval of the Agenda for October 31, 2017
2. Approval of the Minutes for October 17, 2017
3. Announcements from the Floor
4.2. Standing Committees
4.2.1. Academic Policies Committee
4.2.2. Curriculum Review and Approval Committee
4.2.3. Faculty Affairs Committee
4.2.4. Student Affairs Committee
4.2.5. Strategic Issues Committee
5. Discussion of issues arising from the College of Ethnic Studies letter to the Provost and presentation to the Senate on October 17, 2017
6. Elizabeth Smith, Associate Vice President for Marketing and Strategic Communication– Brand Research Excerpt: Strengths and Weaknesses (Time approximate 2:30pm)
7. Recommendation from the Academic Policies Committee: Proposed Revision to the Academic Calendar Policy (first reading) - #F17-242
8. Recommendation from the Academic Policies Committee: Proposed creation of a First Year Experience (FYE) Committee (first reading)
9. Recommendation from the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee: Proposed Master of Science degree program in Business Analytics (first reading)
10. Recommendation from the Strategic Initiatives Committee: Resolution on Implementing Budget Transparency (first reading) - #RF17-363
11. Recommendation from the Educational Policies Council: Temporary suspension of the minor in Modern Greek Studies (consent item)
12. Adjournment – no later than 5:00 p.m.