Proposed Plenary Agenda, November 14, 2017
ACADEMIC SENATE MEETING
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
SEVEN HILLS CONFERENCE CENTER
NOB HILL ROOM
2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
OPEN FLOOR PERIOD: 2:00 - 2:10 p.m.
The Open Floor Period provides an informal opportunity for campus community members to raise questions or make comments directed to Senate officers or to university administrators. Please arrive promptly at 2:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER: 2:10 p.m.
1. Approval of the Agenda for November 14, 2017
2. Approval of the Minutes for October 31, 2017
3. Announcements from the Floor
4.2. Standing Committees
4.2.1. Curriculum Review and Approval Committee
4.2.2. Faculty Affairs Committee
4.2.3. Student Affairs Committee
4.2.4. Strategic Issues Committee
4.2.5. Academic Policies Committee
5. Robert Nava, Vice President for Advancement –Report on Advancement Plans and Activities (time certain 2:30 p.m.)
6. Senators Collins, Reyes and Castillo - College of Ethnic Studies letter to the Provost and presentation to the Senate on October 17, 2017 (postponed from October 31, 2017)
7. Senators Yee-Melichar, Collins and Sinha - Report from the Academic Senate of the California State University
8. Michael Scott, Associate Vice President of Research and Sponsored Programs – Update on ORSP (time approximate 3:30 p.m.)
9. Laura Lisy-Wagner, Secretary – Committee on Committees Report
10. Recommendation from the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee: Proposed Master of Science degree program in Business Analytics (second reading)
11. Recommendation from the Executive Committee: Resolution in Support of Maintaining Social Justice Procedures for Increasing Rent in University Owned Rental Units (first reading)
12. Recommendation from the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee: Proposed Minor in Comic Studies Analytics (first reading)
13. Recommendation from the Faculty Affairs Committee: Proposed Changes to the Retention, Tenure and Promotion Policy (first reading) - #F17-241
14. Adjournment – no later than 5:00 p.m.