Proposed Plenary Agenda, October 16, 2018
ACADEMIC SENATE MEETING
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
SEVEN HILLS CONFERENCE CENTER
NOB HILL ROOM
2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
OPEN FLOOR PERIOD: 2:00 - 2:10 p.m.
The Open Floor Period provides an informal opportunity for campus community members to raise questions or make comments directed to Senate officers or to university administrators. Please arrive promptly at 2:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER: 2:10 p.m.
- Approval of the Agenda for October 16, 2018
- Approval of the Minutes for October 2, 2018
- Announcements from the Floor
- Student Affairs Committee
- Strategic Issues Committee
- Academic Policies Committee
- Curriculum Review and Approval Committee
- Faculty Affairs Committee
- Provost & VP for Academic Affairs
- Recommendation from the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee - Certificate in Historical Research (Honors), second reading
- Recommendation from the Academic Policies Committee – Revision of #S17-277, Standardized Time Blocks for use in Course Scheduling Policy, first reading
- Recommendation from the Educational Policies Council – Proposed Discontinuance of the Bachelor of Arts in English: Concentration in Individual Major, first reading
- Information Item from the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee - Definitions of Substantive vs. Non-Substantive Curricular Changes
- Adjournment – no later than 5:00 p.m.