Proposed Plenary Agenda, October 17, 2017
ACADEMIC SENATE MEETING
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
SEVEN HILLS CONFERENCE CENTER
NOB HILL ROOM
2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
OPEN FLOOR PERIOD: 2:00 - 2:10 p.m.
The Open Floor Period provides an informal opportunity for campus community members to raise questions or make comments directed to Senate officers or to university administrators. Please arrive promptly at 2:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER: 2:10 p.m.
1. Approval of the Agenda for October 17, 2017
2. Approval of the Minutes for October 3, 2017
3. Announcements from the Floor
4.2. Standing Committees
4.2.1. Student Affairs Committee
4.2.2. Strategic Issues Committee
4.2.3. Academic Policies Committee
4.2.4. Curriculum Review and Approval Committee
4.2.5. Faculty Affairs Committee
5. Luoluo Hong, Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management- Overview of Equity & Community Inclusion Division (Time approximate 2:45)
6. Jason Porth, Vice President, University Enterprises & Jill Anthes, Executive Director, Physical Planning and Development – Physical Master Plan (Time certain 3:00 p.m.)
7. Recommendation from the Academic Policies Committee: Proposed Revision to the Academic Calendar Policy (first reading) - #F17-242
8. Recommendation from the Academic Policies Committee: Proposed First Year Experience (FYE) committee formation policy
9. Recommendation from the Executive Committee: Resolution in Opposition to the Timeline for Implementation of Executive Order 1100 (revised) (first reading) - #RF17-362
10. Recommendation from the Strategic Initiatives Committee: Resolution on Implementing Budget Transparency (first reading) - #RF17-363
11. Jennifer Summit, Interim Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs – Update on Tenure Density and Tenure Track Hiring and Retention (Time Approximate: 3:45 p.m.)
12. Adjournment – no later than 5:00 p.m.