ACADEMIC SENATE MEETING
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
SEVEN HILLS CONFERENCE CENTER
NOB HILL ROOM
2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
OPEN FLOOR PERIOD: 2:00 - 2:10 p.m.
The Open Floor Period provides an informal opportunity for campus community members to raise questions or make comments directed to Senate officers or to university administrators. Please arrive promptly at 2:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER: 2:10 p.m.
1. Approval of the Agenda for September 19, 2017
2. Approval of the Minutes for September 5, 2017
4.2 Standing Committees
4.2.1 Curriculum Review and Approval Committee
4.2.2 Faculty Affairs Committee
4.2.3 Student Affairs Committee
4.2.4 Strategic Issues Committee
4.2.5 Academic Policies Committee
5. Jason Wu, Chief of Police, University Police Department – Safety Update (Time Approximate: 2:20 p.m.)
6. Jennifer Summit, Interim Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs – Report on Academic Affairs Budget Advisory Council (BAC) (Time Approximate: 2:40 p.m.)
7. Jay Ward, Associate Director of International Programs - International Education Week
8. Discontinuance of the Certificate in the Study of Public Accountancy – Educational Policies Council (consent item)
9. Approval of the 2018 Summer Academic Calendar – Academic Policies Committee (consent item)
10. James Martel, President, SF State Chapter of the CFA (Time Approximate: 4:00 p.m.)
11. Adjournment—no later than 5:00pm