What is the Academic Senate, and How does it work ?
The San Francisco State Academic Senate develops policies and procedures regarding faculty and administrative appointments, curriculum, business and fiscal matters, campus development, academic standards, University goals; examples of which include the following:
- appointment and review of academic administrators;
- faculty appointment, retention, tenure, promotion, leave and dismissal;
- curriculum and instruction;
- Library and research;
- student affairs, admissions, retention, awarding of grades and graduation;
- business and fiscal matters;
- campus development;
- academic and professional standards;
- mission and goals;
- other matters about the welfare and excellence of the University.
The Senate Plenary meetings are held on alternate Tuesdays from 2p - 5p on Zoom during the 2022-23 academic year. Agendas can be found on Senate iLearn.
Opposite Tuesdays, Standing Committee meetings are held from 2p - 4p.
How can I get involved?
As a SFSU community member, your contribution to the shared governance of our university is always appreciated. If you are interested in serving on the ACADEMIC SENATE and/or a SENATE SUBCOMMITTEE please contact the Senate Office at email@example.com.