Faculty Statement of Course Requirements
FACULTY STATEMENT OF COURSE REQUIREMENTS
Academic Senate Policy #S82-90
At its meeting of April 20, 1982, the Academic Senate approved the following statement:
Because students and their instructors share a common goal of a semester of learning in the best possible environment, students shall receive in writing*, in the first or second meeting of a class:
1. a statement of scope, content, and expected learning outcomes of the course;
2. a list of texts and materials to be used throughout the course, including any additional fees or costs;
3. a description of grading policy and practices;
4. a description of teaching style (for example: fixed outline, lecture, discussion, class-directed, evolutionary), and
5. a description of any substantive departure from the content published in the University Bulletin or Class Schedule.
During the semester, students shall be notified in writing of any substantive changes in “Faculty Statement of Course Requirements”.
*** APPROVED BY PRESIDENT ROMBERG, APRIL 26, 1982 ***