Proposed Plenary Agenda, May 5, 2020
Tuesday, May 5, 2020
ZOOM Meeting (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom meeting number)
CALL TO ORDER: 2:00 p.m.
1. Approval of the Agenda for May 5, 2020
2. Approval of the Minutes for April 21, 2020
3. Announcements from the Floor
4.1. Chair Report
4.2. President Mahoney
4.3. Provost Summit
4.4. ASCSU Report
4.5. Standing Committees
4.5.1.Student Affairs Committee
4.5.2.Strategic Issues Committee
4.5.3.Academic Policies Committee
4.5.4.Curriculum Review and Approval Committee
4.5.5.Faculty Affairs Committee
5. Presentation of the 2020 Distinguished Faculty and Staff Achievement Awards – 2:30 p.m. time certain
Old Business – no later than 3 p.m.
6. Recommendation from the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee: Proposed Master of Science in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence – second reading
7. Recommendation from the Executive Committee: Proposed Policy resolution on #F15-160, Lecturer Faculty – second reading
8. Recommendation from the Academic Policies Committee: Proposed revisions to #S19-242, Academic Calendar Policy, second reading
9. Recommendation from the Academic Policies Committee: Policy on Restructuring Academic Units, first reading
10. Recommendation from Student Affairs Committee: Proposed revisions to #S18-196, Withdrawal from Courses Policy, first reading
11. Recommendation from Faculty Affairs Committee: Proposed changes to Senate Policy #S13-18 Leaves with Pay Policy, second reading
12. Recommendation from Faculty Affairs Committee: Proposed changes to Senate Policy #F11-145, Department Chairs and Equivalent Unit Directors, second reading
* Consent agenda – no later than 3:45 p.m.
13. Recommendation from the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee: Proposed Revision to the Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Arts
14. Recommendation from the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee: Proposed Revision to the Master of Arts in Mathematics
15. Recommendation from the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee: Proposed Revision to the Minor in Persian Studies
16. Resolution thanking and commending the outgoing 2019-2020 SF State Academic Senate
17. Resolution thanking outgoing Chair of the Academic Senate, Nancy Counts Gerber
* An item may be removed from the consent agenda and brought back to first reading through approval of a motion on the floor to do so. If there are no requests to debate, the item will be adopted through General Consent and read into the record.