Credit for Non-Collegiate Courses

Reference Number: S79-044
Senate Approval Date: Tuesday, April 17, 1979

Credit requests for non-collegiate courses will be handled on a case by case basis. When a newly admitted or currently enrolled student requests elective credit for a non-collegiate course, the Director of Admissions and Records will consult with the appropriate department or program area and accept its recommendation. The department or program area may utilize the current National Guide to Credit Recommendation for Non-collegiate Courses and the most recent California supplement in making each decision. Copies of the Guide may be obtained from the Office of Admissions and Records.


A limit of up to six units may be granted for non-collegiate courses if a student's total number of units in residence is up to and including 60. Up to 15 units may be granted if the total number of units in residence is more than 60.