ACADEMIC SENATE MEETING
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
SEVEN HILLS CONFERENCE CENTER
NOB HILL ROOM
2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
OPEN FLOOR PERIOD: 2:00 - 2:10 p.m.
The Open Floor Period provides an informal opportunity for campus community members to raise questions or make comments directed to Senate officers or to university administrators. Please arrive promptly at 2:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER: 2:10 p.m.
Alamilla Boyd, Nan
De Barros, Jose Acacio
Le, Mai Nhung
Van Dam, Mary Ann
Absences: Collins, Robert (exc); Brown, Elizabeth (abs); Frasier, Paulina (abs); Hanley, Lawrence (abs); Hasheminia, Hamed (abs); Howard, Pamela (exc); Hoxter, Julian (abs); Lisy-Wagner, Laura (abs); Lebuhn, Gretchen (exc); Summit, Jennifer (exc); Turner, Sharlana (abs); Usowicz, Thad (exc); van Dam, Mary Ann (abs); Yee-Melichar, Darlene (exc);
Visitors: Ann Hallum,
- E. Rosegard: Student progress to graduation forum Wed. Dec. 2 11:30-1:30 in Faculty Commons.
- S. Hackenberg: Submissions for Faculty Retreat due by Nov. 20.
AGENDA ITEM #1—Approval of the Minutes for November 3, 2015
- Approved as submitted.
AGENDA ITEM #2—Approval of the Agenda for November 17, 2015
- E. Rosegard: amend to remove Item #6. Agenda items re numbered. Agenda approved as amended.
AGENDA ITEM #3—Chair’s Report
- This is International Week. See events on Office of International Affairs website.
- Town Hall meeting with President Wong to discuss pouring rights on Thursday Nov. 19.
- Gators playing Chico State on Dec. 4. Women’s game at 5:30; Men’s game at 7:30. Pregame reception for faculty and staff.
- Tragic events in Lebanon and France and refugee flight acknowledged.
AGENDA ITEM #4— Recommendation from the Executive Committee: Proposed resolution on Academic Freedom (first reading)
- M. Ritter: Item moved. Moved to second reading. Passed. Item approved.
AGENDA ITEM #5— Recommendation from the Executive Committee: Proposed resolution for Patty Bartscher commending her service to San Francisco State University (consent item)
- D. Yee- Melichor: Item moved. Commendation read and endorsed.
AGENDA ITEM #6—Recommendation from the Curriculum Review and Approval Committee: Revision to the Pre-Health Certificate (CEL) (first reading)
- This item was removed from the agenda.
AGENDA ITEM #6—Title IX Training with Luoluo Hong, VP of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- L. Hong: Annual Title Nine Training for Academic Senators. Powerpoint presentation will be posted on the Senate website.
AGENDA ITEM #7 —Standing Committee Reports
- Academic Policies Committee
- M. Hammer: Working on: Withdrawal policy and Student probation policy. Possible revitilizing the Athletic Advisory Committee.
- Curriculum Review and Approval Committee
- E. Rosegard: Continuing to review proposals.
- Faculty Affairs Committee
- P. Trogu: More work on Policy on Temporary Faculty.
- Strategic Issues Committee
- M. Azepur: Working on Workplace equity survey and Pouring rights resolution.
- Student Affairs Committee
- K. Schwartz: Working on Resolution on preferred names, Credit for Military Training and Emergency Loan policy.
AGENDA ITEM #8— Adjournment—no later than 5:00pm
- Adjournment at 4:02.