WHAT is the Academic Senate, and HOW does it work ?
The San Francisco State Academic Senate develops policies & procedures regarding faculty & administrative appointments, curriculum, business & fiscal matters, campus development, academic standards, University goals; examples of which include the following:
- appointment and review of academic administrators;
- faculty appointment, retention, tenure, promotion, leave and dismissal;
- curriculum and instruction;
- Library and research;
- student affairs, admissions, retention, awarding of grades and graduation;
- business and fiscal matters;
- campus development;
- academic and professional standards;
- mission and goals;
- other matters about the welfare and excellence of the University.
The Senate Plenary meetings are held on alternate Tuesdays from 2p - 5p at the Seven Hills Conference Center. Agendas can be found on the left home bar titled, "Senate Agendas".
Opposite Tuesdays, Standing Committee meetings are held from 2p - 4p. Location of meetings can be found on left home bar titled, "Committee Information".
Click the link above to find a full list of SENATE STANDING COMMITTEES and SENATE SUBCOMMITTEES, with ROSTERS, COMMITTEE CHARGES and MEMBERSHIP BREAKDOWNS, and MEETING SCHEDULES.
Click the link above to learn about WHAT the Academic Senate is, WHAT IT DOES, and WHY. Learn specifics about the PROCESSES and PROCEDURES that govern this work.
Click the link above to learn about the DOCUMENTS that define the principles and procedures that govern the Faculty and the Academic Senate of San Francisco State University
Click the link above to visit our archive of past SENATE PLENARY MINUTES, POLICIES, RESOLUTIONS, and ELECTION RESULTS.
HOW can I get involved?
As a SFSU community member, your contribution to the shared governance of our university is always appreciated. If you are interested in serving on the ACADEMIC SENATE and/or a SENATE SUBCOMMITTEE please contact the Senate Office at email@example.com.
The Very Latest:
September 5, 2017
- Faculty and Staff: nominations are now open for the two at-large senate seats on the Academic Senate. Please submit nominations (name, department, rank/position, optional personal statement) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full-tenured faculty of CoB, CoSE, and GCOE: nominations are now open for the one seat on the University Tenure and Promotions Commitee. Please submit nominations to (name, department, rank, optional personal statement) to email@example.com
May 18, 2017
- Faculty: Apply to lead a workshop for the 2017-2018 "Year of Conversation" initiative. The application can be found here which details the Initiative as well as eligibility.
May 4, 2017
- The 2016/2017 Budget Transparency Report is now available. You can find the report here: BUDGET TRANPARENCY REPORT 16/17
May 3, 2017
- You can find the revised long term SF State Student here http://studentsuccess.sfsu.edu